Sakari, Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://sakari.io website and the Sakari Connect mobile application is a corporation registered in the State of California with corporation number C3939933. Our address is 388 Market Street, Suite 1300, San Francisco 94111.
Information Collection and Use
Types of Data Collected
- First name, last name and contact details such as phone number and email address
- your place of work and job title
- Your bank and payment details
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Your preferences in receiving marketing materials from us such as our newsletter or invitations to events.
How your data is collected
- our day to day business dealings in providing our services to you;
- filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise;
- if you complete a survey or provide us with feedback;
- as you interact with our website, we may automatically collect data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal information by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. See our Usage Data and Cookies sections below;
- by using publicly accessible sources;
- via a third party such as your bank or building society or other financial institutions when you pay for our service;
When you visit our website with a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our website.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
- To provide and maintain our service
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To manage payments, fees and charges
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our service
- To monitor the usage of our service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To inform you of changes to this policy or out Terms of Service
- To make recommendations to you about goods or services which may be of interest to you.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We need to perform our services we have agreed to provide to you or are about to provide to you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights. This means our interest of providing our services to you to give you the best service and most secure experience. We will make sure that we consider and balance any impact on you and your rights before we process your data for our legitimate interests
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your Personal Information other than sending marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw from this marketing at any time by contacting us.
Retention of Data
Sakari will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service and/or website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
- We transfer your personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission; or
- We transfer data to the US if they are part of an approved mechanism which requires them to provide similar protection to personal information shared between the Europe and the US (such as Privacy Shield, or any replacement mechanism); or
- We transfer data subject to the Standard Contractural Clauses approved by the EU commission; or
- We transfer data to the US with the consent of the data subjects; or
- Where the transfer is not repetitive, information is limited, the transfer is necessary for our legitimate interests and those interests do not override your own and we have put appropriate safeguards in place to protect your data
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Sakari, Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the or website or service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Disclosure to Service Providers
- payment services (see also “Payments” below)
- I.T. or marketing support
- Professional advice such as lawyers, attorneys, bankers, auditors, accountants and insurers
- Tax authorities.
Security of Data
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our service and website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Google Ads (AdWords) – Google Ads (AdWords) remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: https://adssettings.google.com/ Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Facebook – remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950 To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads, follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217 Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
The above are examples of third-party processors we use. We also use third-party processors, which may include personal information, for such standard business uses as: computing and cloud service providers, CRM, cyber security, billing, payroll, scheduling, task management, team collaboration; services such as from our lawyers, accountants, and other standard business service providers; newsletter management, and other industry standard business software and partners. We add or remove third-party processors from time to time, and do so in accordance with applicable law.
Links to Other Sites
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Your rights under California Consumer Privacy Act 2018 (“CCPA”)
- The Right to Know: you may request information from Sakari about our collection and use of Personal Information in the preceding twelve-month period by either calling 1-844-472-5274 or emailing email@example.com. Much of the information you may be entitled to is included in this policy already. CCPA entitles you to information including: the categories and sources of Personal Information we collect about you; our business purpose for collecting that personal information; the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The Right to Delete: CCPA entitles you to request deletion of certain personal information in some circumstances. To exercise this right, contact us as in the previous paragraph.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale: Sakari does not sell Personal Information of people who interact with our technology.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. Sakari will not discriminate against any person for exercising their CCPA rights.
Your Data Protection Rights Under The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Information directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Sakari, Inc. relied on your consent to process your personal information.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in your country of residence.